Founded in Beaune in 1880, Maison Joseph Drouhin gradually expanded from the cellars of the Dukes of Burgundy and the Kings of France (12th to 18th centuries), to the Moulin de Vaudon (18th century) in Chablis.
The requirement, the curiosity of the spirit, the sense of values, the passion and the audacity are transmitted at the same time as the knowledge and the intuition of quality.
Today the fourth generation holds the reins. Everyone has their role and implements the "Charter of Excellence" of the Drouhin family.
With 80 hectares, Domaine Joseph Drouhin is one of the largest in the region. It is distributed throughout Burgundy: Chablis (38 hectares), Côte de Nuits and Côte de Beaune, (38.5 hectares), Côte Chalonnaise (3.5 hectares), and includes a majority of Grands Crus and Premiers Crus, planted two Burgundy grape varieties: Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.
The Estate has been built up over time, through judicious acquisitions and family agreements. Some plots are among the most famous crus of Burgundy, such as Clos des Mouches, Montrachet Marquis de Laguiche, Musigny, Clos de Vougeot or Corton-Charlemagne, etc.